MEDIA ACCREDITATION REQUIREMENTS
Updated: Nov 15, 2021
Media representatives, who will be covering the Apostolic journey of Pope Francis to Cyprus, on 2-4 December 2021, are informed about the following:
1. APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 NOVEMBER 2021
All media representatives who wish to cover the Papal visit are required to fill out the online accreditation form posted on https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/papal-visit-2021.html by Friday, 19 November 2021, at 12 noon, by providing the following information:
• Full Name (as on ID/Passport)
• Date of birth
• Organization/Media name
• ID/Passport no.
• Press Card no. and expiry date
• Contact e-mail
The following documents should also be uploaded:
• Copy of the ID/Passport
• Recent passport type colour photo (.jpg, minimum resolution 600px)
- NO accreditation will be conducted after the indicated deadline (Friday, 19 November, 12 noon).
- Entry to all venues of interest will be allowed ONLY to accredited media representatives.
2. BADGES COLLECTION
- Cyprus based media representatives may collect their badges from the Press and Information Office, between 29/11-1/12/2021, from 08:30-15:00.
Please contact Ms Eliza Antoniou (tel. 22801118) to arrange an appointment.
- Non-Cyprus based media representatives may collect their badges from the Press Centre at Hilton Hotel, on Wednesday, 1 December 2021, from 15:00-20:00, and on Thursday, 2 December 2021, from 07:30 onwards.
Note: All media representatives must present their press card and passport/ID in order to collect their badges.
3. HOST PHOTOGRAPHER & BROADCASTER
- The Press and Information Office (PIO) will be providing full photo coverage of the Papal visit. All photos will be posted on the PIO website and made available free of charge for a 30-day period through the following link: https://www.pio.gov.cy/gallery.html
Should PIO photos be used in any form, reference to their source is required (copyright).
- The Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation (CyBC) will be providing full coverage of the Papal visit to all interested TV channels.
CyBC contact persons:
• VIDEO FEED: Kyriacos Morphitis (email@example.com, +37599491877)
• PROJECT COORDINATOR: Maria Hari (firstname.lastname@example.org, +35799627947)
• PROJECT LEADER: Yioula Kyriacou (email@example.com, +37599641473)
4. CYPRUS FLIGHT PASS
In the context of measures against the spread of COVID-19 in Cyprus, all inbound passengers are required to present a 'flight pass' prior to boarding. Therefore, all media representatives planning to travel to Cyprus to cover the Papal visit are requested to complete the required application form through the platform https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/
Please keep checking the updated Covid-19 protocols at the following website:
5. SafePass CERTIFICATE
Media representatives will only be allowed to enter all venues of interest and the Press Centre in Hilton Hotel upon presentation of an updated SafePass Certificate. That is:
• COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, or
• COVID-19 Recovery Certificate, or
• A negative result of COVID-19 laboratory test certificate with the molecular method (RT-PCR) and the COVID-19 laboratory test with the rapid antigen test method are valid for 72 hours from the time of testing.
For further information:
Anastasia Adamidou, tel. 22801168, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eliza Antoniou, tel. 22801118, e-mail: email@example.com